The primary goal for the Technical Advisor (TA) for LibNeP+ is to ensure the overall technical and programmatic quality and growth of the network HIV/AIDS programming. The TA will have strong experience in civil society capacity building and expertise in HIV testing and counseling, community health system strengthening, referral networks, ART and retention, OVC, HIV co-morbidities and prevention/control of other related infectious diseases. The Technical Advisor will work from the Executive Director to all senior and junior staff, to the data systems and data requirements and will have experience in the strategic use of data for program improvement.
The Technical Advisor will be based in the central office and collaborate with programs M&E. Specific responsibilities include strengthening program design and quality assurance for implementation; provision of effective technical assistance and team mentoring; accessing and disseminating state-of-the-art information, resources and promising practices; facilitation of organizational learning and capacity building; and program development, including fostering strategic partnerships, planning, positioning, publishing, and proposal preparation.
All staffs are expected to undertake the following general duties:
- Work within the framework of LibNeP+ core values, promoting its ethos and mission statement
- Work towards achieving program and/or department business plan objectives
- Ensure familiarity with and adhere to all LibNeP+ policies and procedures and keep informed of LibNeP+ activities
- Travel to program areas, as and when required
- Demonstrate sound judgment to elevate or consult senior level management with problems or other issues
- Work as part of a team and liaise with other departments to ensure effective communication across the organization
- Participate in meetings, networks, seminars and conferences where relevant and beneficial to LibNeP+ and its mission and mandate
- Undertake and apply learning from appropriate training and development programs
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the post as may be required
- Contribute independently to team goals
- Other responsibilities as required
Key Duties & Responsibilities
A. Program and Technical Quality
- Ensure successful program start-up and implementation, including meeting operational targets and achieving or exceeding performance objectives;
- Design/strengthen/support quality assurance and improvement in network programming including the development of standards and systems for quality improvement;
- Review and analyze strategic information / data and assist teams to utilize data to identify program gaps or areas for improvement;
- Assess the need for ongoing technical assistance, support and capacity building throughout the organization and in relevant community-based partners (associations);
- Provide, or arrange for the provision of technical assistance, mentoring and capacity building utilizing resources and approaches, ensuring the development and implementation of realistic and effective action plans to address needs;
- Identify, secure, develop and/or adapt resources (technical, material, institutional and individual) for use in programs;
- Strengthen LibNeP+ models for expanding HIV/AIDS peer network services to meet 90-90-90 goals at community and primary care levels, and programmatic linkages and referrals to clinical/facility services;
- Strengthen integration of HIV/AIDS in social and behavior change interventions across LibNeP+ programming; enhance linkages to maternal and child health and nutrition programming, livelihoods security and Women Empowered groups;
- Ensure that LibNeP+ HIV/AIDS programming aligns with countries commitment to gender equality, social inclusion and building community resilience;
- Initiate and Manage cervical cancer screening program for people living with HIV, linking with relevant partners to integrate additional services and modalities to strengthen programmatic reach;
- Lead the development of relevant research activities across the portfolio and develop complementary research partnerships;
- Lead and foster organizational learning and cross pollination of promising practices throughout the organization, through sharing of information electronically, via workshops, tool kits, compilation documents, etc.;
- Ensure technical quality of donor reports and engage with donors as appropriate;
- Develop publications or presentations and mentor communication staff within the organization to similarly publish and/or present;
- Network with potential partners and collaborators both internal and external to LibNeP+.
B. Program Development
- Lead the project design and program planning, including evidence-based approaches for HIV/AIDS programs;
- Lead or participate in the selection of appropriate methodologies for program implementation, capacity building, monitoring and evaluation, and research;
- Seek out and develop opportunities in collaboration with program manager for program growth, innovation and research, lead the identification of key contacts and support good relationships with donors and partners;
- Serve as technical team leader assisting the executive director/ress for the development and submission of successful proposals for dedicated HIV/AIDS programs; support new business development efforts (public and private sector) across LibNeP+ programs, as needed;
- Identify and support to build relationships with strategic institutional partners; identify and facilitate the implementation of joint proposals, and partnership agreements to expand the quality and scope of programming;
- Proactively lead and strategically build LibNeP+ reputation, quality programming and resource base (materials, human, and financial resources).
C. Position Parameters/Special Responsibilities Required
- Must be able to travel in field 50%;
- Other duties as assigned by the executive director/ress.
Qualifications and Skills
- Advanced understanding of HIV and its programing and SRHR, MPH or its equivalent;
- At least 9 years of relevant professional experience, including public health programming;
- Significant recent experience with global fund and USAID programming at country level;
- Senior technical or management positions a plus;
- Five years’ experience managing complex programs within a non-profit or community agency in a developing country context, particularly with community-based health programming;
- In-depth technical understanding of current practices and state of the art in HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment, and of the links between gender, HIV/AIDS, infectious diseases, and other health issues;
- Proven skills in utilization of program monitoring data as part of program management and quality improvement, strong data analysis and interpretation skills; statistical analysis ability a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills, including ability to effectively communicate across cultures;
- Excellent program development and grant writing experience, with a track record of successfully leading proposal development efforts;
- Experience and ability in capacity building, mentoring and the provision of technical support across cultures;
- Understanding of key population issues and sexual reproductive health rights;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Fluency and proficiency in English preferred;
- Computer literacy required; familiarity with all MS applications and spread sheet software required.
- Previous experience working for an INGO;
- Experience working with Liberia governments and institutions;
- Being Living with the disease is an added advantage;
- Worked with PLHIV organization is an added advantage.
Email your resume with a short cover letter expressing your interests and qualifications to email@example.com.