The goal of Communication Officer to create and implement communications strategies that further the goals of LibNeP+ that leads to organization expansion and promote the brand, interact with the public and establish productive relationships with key stakeholders and policymakers. Applicants should be a person living with HIV and excited about developing and implementing plans to engage target audiences and spread the message about our network and its achievement. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of success in the communications sector or related fields, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. Preference will be given to those who also have experience and skills in digital marketing. Report directly to the Executive Director.
All staffs are expected to undertake the following general duties:
- Work within the framework of LibNeP+ core values, promoting its ethos and mission statement
- Work towards achieving program and/or department business plan objectives
- Ensure familiarity with and adhere to all LibNeP+ policies and procedures and keep informed of LibNeP+ activities
- Travel to program areas, as and when required
- Demonstrate sound judgment to elevate or consult senior level management with problems or other issues
- Work as part of a team and liaise with other departments to ensure effective communication across the organization
- Participate in meetings, networks, seminars and conferences where relevant and beneficial to LibNeP+ and its mission and mandate
- Undertake and apply learning from appropriate training and development programs
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the post as may be required
- Contribute independently to team goals
- Other responsibilities as required
- Develop, support and promote LibNeP+ goals, including message development, social media content creation and media outreach
- Develop and disseminate public relations materials that increase our visibility among stakeholders, lawmakers and General population
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, partners, stakeholders and donors audiences that will help advance our work
- Identify target audiences and create strategies to effectively engage them
- Ensure digital marketing content aligns with our identity and message, and assist with marketing campaigns as needed
- Work closely with leaders and executives to develop and strengthen PLHIV engagement activities
- Support all LibNeP+ Secretariats to develop BCC Action and Training Plans.
- Support the development of peer education training teams.
- Support piloting of BCC tools and refinement of tools.
- Support the development of a BCC peer education network.
- Finalization of BCC tools, translation, printing and dissemination
- Training of peer educators
- Support application of BCC tools in communities.
- Adaptation of tools for specific vulnerable groups
Qualifications and Skills
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field;
- A minimum of two years’ experience in communications strategy development;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, such as SEO and email marketing;
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Master degree in nursing, public health, health science, or related degree;
- Previous experience working for an INGO;
- Experience working with Liberia governments and institutions;
- Being Living with the disease is an added advantage;
- Worked with PLHIV organization is an added advantage.
Email your resume with a short cover letter expressing your interests and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.